Welcome to my knutty world of knitting! I'm just a little obsessed with knitting, but, that's okay. I knit so I don't kill people! ;)

Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Girl's Headband


Okay, using Red Heart Eco-Cotton Blend, I cast on 10 sts on sz. 8 straight needles. Stamen stitch (found in 50 Fabulous Knit Garter Stitches) as follows:

(Multiple of 2)

Row 1 (right side) Knit

Row 2 *K1, sl 1; rep from * to last 2 sts, K2

Row 3 Knit

Row 4 K2, *sl 1, K1: rep from * across

Repeat rows 1-4 for pattern

I knit this headband to 18 inches. (it fits my girls who range from ages 7 8/12) Certainly knit it shorter for a baby/smaller head or longer for older girl/larger head.

Bind off, sew ends together and glue *something fun* over the seam. Fake flowers, huge buttons, glittery gems, etc. :)

I hope you enjoy this, I'm a new knitter and therefore a slow knitter and I can still knit this one up in a hour or less. :) Let me know if you have problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment